Doctor of Philosophy (Pharmacy)
Dissertation Topic: Drug-Drug Interaction Studies of Sparfloxacin
- Member of Pakistan Pharmacy Council
- Life Time Member of Chemical Society of Pakistan (CSP)
- Member of Academic Council of Jinnah University for Women
- Member of Board of Studies, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jinnah University for Women
- Member of Associate Editorial Board of Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Advanced Research in Biological Sciences.
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Drug Design and Medicinal Chemistry
- Editorial and Review Board member of FOPRAS (Foundation for Promotion of Basic and Applied Science)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
Interaction of Sparfloxacin by HPLC Technique
The current book may help as a lime light for the industry as well as for the healthcare professionals or anyone else who may considering to serve in the field of analytical chemistry.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Somia Gul*, Shamim S. (2010) Sparfloxacin-metal complexes as antifungal agents-their synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities; Journal of Molecular Structure, 975 (1-3), 285–291.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shamim S, Akhtar M and Somia Gul (2010) Simultaneous determination of Gemifloxacin and diuretic in bulk, pharmaceutical formulation and human serum by RP-HPLC, Quimica nova, 33, 1590-1593.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Akhtar M, Shamim S, Somia Gul and Khan M.M. (2011) High Performance Liquid Chromatography Assay for Moxifloxacin in Bulk, Pharmaceutical Formulations and Serum: Application to In-vitro Metal Interaction, Journal of the Chinese Chemical society, 57, 708-717.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Akhtar M, Shamim S and Somia Gul (2011), Simultaneous Determination Of Moxifloxacin and H2 Receptor Antagonist In Pharmaceutical Dosage Formulations By RP-HPLC: Application To In-Vitro Drug Interactions, Quimica nova, 34(4), 683-688.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shamim S, Akhtar M and Somia Gul (2011) Validated Method for the Determination of Gemifloxacin in Bulk, Pharmaceutical Formulations and Human Serum by RP-HPLC; In-vitro: Applications, Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society 22(5), 987-992.
- Sultana N, Arayne MS, Somia Gul*, Akhtar M and Shamim S (2011) Simultaneous Determination of Sparfloxacin and Commonly Used H2 Receptor Antagonists by RP-HPLC: Application to In-Vitro Drug Interactions, Medicinal Chemistry Research Volume 21, Issue 7, pp 974-982.
- Somia Gul*, Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shamim S and Akhtar M. (2012) New Method for Optimization and Simultaneous Determination of Sparfloxacin and NSAIDs in Bulk materials, Pharmaceutical Formulations and Human Serum by RP-HPLC and its in-vitro Applications. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry Vol. 3 No. 4, 2012, pp. 328-337.
- Shamim S, Sultana N, Arayne MS, Akhtar M and Somia Gul (2012) Optimization and simultaneous determination of gemifloxacin and Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in bulk, pharmaceutical formulations and human serum by RP-HPLC and its applications. Int. Res. J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 2012, 2(10): 245-253.
- Riaz Bushra*, Najam Rahila, Azhar Iqbal, Somia Gul (2012) Neuropharmacological screening of the iyengaria stellata revealed its memory boosting, anxiolytic and antidepressant effects. Int. Res. J. Pharm.IRJP; 3(10):90-94.
- Somia Gul*, Hina Qamar, Wardha Jawaid, Urooj Bukhari and Yumna Javed (2013) Women facing
heavy vaginal discharge (leucorrhea) by virtue of unhealthy life style. Int. Res. J. Pharm.IRJP;4 (1): 258-251.
- Somia Gul*, Sana Sarfaraz and Nida Shamim (2013) Prevalence of Obesity: Related Risks and Side Effects. Int. J. Pharm. Pharmacol Vol. 2 (5), pp. 083-087.
- Somia Gul*, Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shamim S and Akhtar M. (2013) Sparfloxacin Determination in Bulk Materials, Pharmaceutical Formulations and Human Serum by Reverse Phase HPLC Method. African journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology; Vol. 7(30), pp. 2131-2139.
- Somia Gul*, Sultana N and Arayne MS (2013) Quantification of Sparfloxacin in Bulk, API and Serum by HPLC-UV Method and Its Application on Metal Interactions Studies. International Journal of Development Research [Accepted]
- Somia Gul*, Najma Sultana, M. Saeed Arayne, Sana Shamim, Mahwish Akhtar and Ajmal Khan (2013) “Sparfloxacin-Metal Complexes as Urease Inhibitors: their Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial and Anti-Enzymatic Evaluation” Journal of Chemistry Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 306385, 12 pages.
- Somia Gul*, Hina Qamar, Wardha Jawaid, Urooj Bukhari and Yumna Javed (2013) “Liberate Me!
my soul trapped in a wrong body; Optmial medical care for gender identity disorder” The Pharma
Innovation – Journal; Vol. 2(10), pp. 1-7.
- Somia Gul*, Sara Ibrahim, Nabiha Wasif, Afifa Zafer and Rabbiya Syed (2013) “Mosquito Repellents: Killing Mosquitoes or Yourselves” Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research; 2 (6): 1052-1057.
- Arayne MS, Sultana N, Somia Gul* and Ajmal Khan (2014) Novel derivatives of 5-amino-1-cyclopropyl-7-[(3R, 5S) 3, 5-dimethylpiperazine-1-yl]-6, 8-difluoro-4-oxo-quinoline-3-carboxylic acid: their synthesis, antimicrobial, antifungal, and urease inhibitory studies. Medicinal Chemistry Research Volume 23, Issue 3, pp 1248-1256.
- SomiaGul*, Tahira Khan, Shagufta Naz, Abeeha Malick and Sameera Kaleem (2014) “Hair fall, Its Effective Treatments Available in Pakistan and Toxic Chemicals Associated with It”. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 11-15.
- Tazeen Husain, Hafiza Fouzia Ahmed, Madiha Maboos, Somia Gul* (2014) “Pharmacophilia: Prevalence and Trends in Our Community” World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2(4): 346-349.
- Somia Gul*, Asma Monazzam, Haneen Rashid and Sakina Murtaza Ali (2014) “Hidden Killers: Mercury, Steroids and Hydroquinone in Skin Whitening and Bleach Creams”. RADS Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol 2, issue 1, pp 9-17.
- Somia Gul*, Asma Eraj and Zehra Ashraf (2014) “Pseudomonas Aeruginosa: A Common Causative Agent of Ear Infections in South Asian Children” International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. Volume 3, Number 6, pp. 156-160.
- Somia Gul*, Maria Ayub (2014) “Prevalence of prescribing pattern of more than one NSAID in Pakistan” Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research. 3 (2), pp 148-154.
- Somia Gul*, Samreen Aziz, Safoora Tariq (2014) “Chikungunya – The Need for Instigating Awareness in Pakistan” International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholars (IJPRS). 3 (2), pp 520-523.
- Somia Gul*, Hafiza Fouzia Ahmed, Tazeen Husain, Madiha Maboos (2014) “Pharmacophobia: Occurrence and Underlying Factors in Our Community” International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholars (IJPRS). 3 (2), pp 762-765.
- Somia Gul*, Nida Shamim, Sana Sarfaraz, Abeer Sarfaraz (2014) “Prophylactic Use of Anti-allergics, Consequences and Future Prospects: A Comparative Study between Herbal and Allopathic Remedies” International Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences and Research (An Official Publication of Society of Pharmaceutical sciences and Research). [Accepted]
- Somia Gul*, Maheen Nafees Khan, Fakhra Khailid (2014) “Microneedles – An Advanced Drug Delivery System” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Bio-Science (IJPRBS),
- Somia Gul*, Safeena Nazeer, Nimra Waheed (2014) “Prevalence and Awareness of Migraine in General Public of Karachi” International Journal of Innovative Drug Discovery, Vol. 4 (3), pp 140-144.
- Somia Gul*, Adeeba Zahid, Almas Ansari (2014) “PCOS: Symptoms and Awareness in Urban Pakistani Women” International Journal of Pharma Research and Health Sciences, Vol. 2(5), pp 356-360.
- Somia Gul*, Lailoona Jaweed, Natasha Jawed Iqbal (2014) “Pre Diabetes: An Alarming and Frightening Situation about Life Time Syndrome (Diabetes)” International Journal of Biopharmaceutics. [Accepted]
- Somia Gul*, Tahira Khan, Shagufta Naz and Tayyaba khan (2014) “PAM (Pregnancy Associated Malaria), Related Problems and Its Effective Treatments” Open Access Library Journal, 1: e393, pp 1-6.
- Somia Gul*, Kashifa Khanum, Nusrat Mujtaba (2014) “New Validated Method for Simultaneous Analysis of Methylparaben & Propylparaben in Polyherbal Formulation (Oral Liquid Dosage Form)” International Journal of Pharmacy, Vol. 4(4), pp 265-270.
- Somia Gul, Abeeha Malick, Sameera Kaleem, Aniqa Malick and Afshan Shameem (2014) “Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder: Early Diagnosis and Symptomatic Education is the Best Treatment for Rapid Recovery of Autistic Patients” World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. [Accepted]
- Somia Gul, Zaira Rashid and Ghulam Sarwer (2014) “Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) As Diuretic Agent: An In vivo Investigation on Mice” American Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. An official publication of Pubicon, Vol. 1 (4), pp 089-092.
- Somia Gul and Asma Rafique (2014) “Comparative Studies of Six Different Brands of Celecoxib Capsule Avilable in Market” Journal of Chemistry and Biochemistry. [Accepted]
- Somia Gul* and Umaima Alam (2015) “Arousal of a New, Life-Taking Threat to the World….. Naegleria Fowleri!!” American Journal of Phytomedicine and Clinical Therapeutics. 3 (7): 541-550.
- Somia Gul, Abeeha Malick, Sameera Kaleem and Aniqa Malick (2015) “Pharmacogenomics Open a New Gate Way in the Treatment of Celiac Disease” Journal of International Research in Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 7 (3), 122-127.
- Somia Gul*, Sidra Zubair and Nimra Mehwish (2015) “Comparative Study of Adverse Effect between Different Contraceptives in Women” International Research Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biosciences (IRJPBS) 2015; 2 (1): 50-57.
- Somia Gul*, Nameera Ahmad, Urooba Iqbal and Bushra Rubab (2015) “Medical Science Turns Deadly Substances into Life Saving Ones: Snake Venom as a Treatment Option” Open Access Library Journal. 2: e1323, p 1-9.
- Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Sadia Shakeel, Somia Gul, Aqib Zahoor, Saleha Suleman Khan, Faisal Haider Zaidi, Khan Usmanghani (2015) “A novel HPTLC method for quantitative estimation of Biomarkers in polyherbal formulation” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 5 (11): 930-934.
- Sadia Shakeel, Somia Gul, Aqib Zahoor, Saleha Suleman Khan, Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Safila Naveed, Khan Usmanghani (2015) “Standardization of Biomarkers Gallic Acid and Berberine in Polyherbal Formulation Entoban Capsules by High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography—Densitometry” JPC – Journal of Planar Chromatography – Modern TLC. 28 (5), pp. 386-390.
- Maria Ayub, Somia Gul, Nusrat Afzal and Asma Eraj (2015) “An Effective Clinical Pharmacist
Communication May Built Patient Trust on Pharmacist over Other Healthcare Providers: Evidence
Based Practice” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. Vol. 6(10): 4442-
- Sadia Shakeel, Khan Usmanghani, Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Aqib Zahoor and Somia Gul (2015) “In Vitro Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of Entoban Syrup; A Polyherbal Formulation” World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. Vol 4 (5): 504-511.
- Sadia Shakeel, Khan Usmanghani, Somia Gul, Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Syed Faisal Zaidi and Mehreen Lateef (2015) “Evaluation of in vitro antioxidant capacity and reducing potential of polyherbal drug Entoban” African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology . Vol. 9(40), 982-987.
- Somia Gul, Ummara Khan and Sadaf Younus (2015) “I’m Dead, The Reality of Walking Corpse Syndrome (Cotard’s Syndrome)” International Journal of Pharmacy & Therapeutics, 6(4), 2015, 219- 223.
- Somia Gul*, Rabia Khalid Nadeem and Anum Aslam (2015) “Chromo therapy- An Effective Treatment Option or Just a Myth?? Critical Analysis on the Effectiveness of Chromo therapy” American Research Journal of Pharmacy, 1 (2), 62-70.
- Maria Ayub, Hina Liaquat, Somia Gul, Asma Eraj & Nusrat Mujtuba (2015) “One Qualified Community Pharmacist Can Save One Community within a Nation” Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences, 4 (12), 32-39.
- Somia Gul and Maria Ayub (2015) “Gradual Decline in the Potency of Anti-pseudomonas Drugs: Evaluated by Retrospective Comparative studies of Susceptibility and Resistance Pattern of Antimicrobials against Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Isolates Obtained from Intensive Care Unit” World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 3(7): 1330-1339.
- Somia Gul, Asma Eruj and Zehra Ashraf (2015) “Glycyrrhiza glabra and Azadirachta indica against Salmonella Typhi: Herbal Treatment as an Alternative Therapy for Typhoid Fever” Archives of Medicine” vol. 7, no. 6: 4.
- Somia Gul and Sidra Sajid (2015) “Formulation of Improved Norfloxacin HCl Tablets: Quality Control Assessment and Comparison Study of Acidic and Basic Form of Norfloxacin in Tablet Formulation “Journal of Developing Drugs” vol. 5 (1).
- Sadia Shakeel, Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Khan Usmanghani, Nadeem Khalid, Zafar Ali, Somia Gul, Safila Naveed (2015) “Determination of the Heavy Metal Content of Entoban Herbal Medicinal Product” Journal of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences. 24 (11): 764-769.
- Somia Gul, Aneela Rafique, Aiza Ayub and Sadia Sultana (2015) “Rapid Eye Movement and Sleep Twitches Can Enhance Brain Activity” Research and Reviews: Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 4 (4): 43-48.
- Somia Gul, Fakhra Khalid, Maheen Nafees Khan and Muhammad Tanweer Alam (2015) “UVSpectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Moxifloxacin HCl in Tablet Dosage Form and Comparative Study of its Different Brands” RADS Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol. 3, issue 2, pp 41-49.
- Somia Gul, Bushra Rubab, Nameera Ahmad, Urooba Iqbal (2015) “Herbal drugs for abortion may Prove as better option in terms of safety, cost & privacy” Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research. 4(2): 105-108.
- Sadia Shakeel, Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, Somia Gul, Khan Usmanghani (2015) “Development and
Quality Assessment of Polyherbal Entoban Capsules” International Journal of Pharmacy 5(4): 1068-
- Somia Gul, Zaira Rashid, Ramsha Rabbani & Ghulam Sarwer (2016) “Antidepressant Activity of Grape Vinegar: An In VIVO Investigation on Mice” Advances in Biomedicine and Pharmacy Vol. 3 (1): 24-30.
- Somia Gul and Saima Ayub (2016) “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as Dilemma of New
Generation: Its Prevalence and Underlying Problems” British Biomedical Bulletin Vol. 4(1): 027-033.
- Somia Gul, Umm-e-Aimon and Maria Ayub (2016) “Prevalence and Preventive Measures of Prostate Cancer: A Randomized Study in Public and Private Health Care Sector” Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta Vol. 7(2): 01-04.
- Somia Gul and Faiza Akhtar (2016) “Spectrophotometric Method Development, Validation and Estimation of Cefuroxime in Marketed Tablet Dosage Form” Annals of Chemistry Vol. 1(1): 1-6.
- Somia Gul and Fouzia Hamid (2016) “Method Development and Validation of Metronidazole Using UV Spectrophotometer” Annals of Chemistry Vol. 1(1): 1-7.
- Somia Gul, Lailoona Jawed, Safoora Tariq and Samreen Aziz (2016) “Helicobacter pylori Association with Acid Peptic Disease: It’s Incidence in Population Having Increase Junk Food Intake “Translational Biomedicine” Vol. 7(4): 90.
- Somia Gul* Abeeha Malick, Sameera Kaleem, Aniqa Malick, and Afshan Shameem (2016) “Treatment Confusion Due To Misjudgment between Malaria and Dengue: A Comparative Study and Differential Analysis” Journal of Mosquito Research 2016, Vol.6, No.24, 1-5.
- Somia Gul, Natasha Jawed and Lailoona Jawed (2016) “Pre Diabetes: An Alarming and Frightening Situation about Life Time Syndrome (Diabetes)” Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science Vol. 15 No. 04, 565-571.
- Zehra Ashraf, Somia Gul and Faazia Qaazi (2017) “Development and Validation of UV/Vis. Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Clarithromycin” Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences, Section A: Chemical Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 2; 457-465.
- Maria Ayub, Somia Gul, Humera Khatoon (2017) “Evaluation of Hypouricemic, Hypolipidemic and Hepatoprotective Potency of G. glabra ethanolic extract in atherognic experimental rats model” abstract published in Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences, volume 33, No. 2 (Supplement) March-April 2017, S-11.
- Somia Gul and Sania Basheer (2017) “U.V/Visible Spectrophotometric Determination, Validation and Invitro Interaction of Rabeprazole with Chlorazepate” Saudi Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (Accepted).