The University offers Academic Programs in BS, BBA/BEMS/ Pharm-D (Pharmacy), MS, MBA MS/M.Phil and Ph.D. A regular admission section under Advisor Admission exists to facilitate the new entrants.
Admissions of students to University are open exclusively for girls. Every student taking admission in the University has to be conversant with the University rules and regulations, and abide by them. Rules governing attendance and promotion are of special importance.
A student placed in 3rd division or obtaining less than 45 percent marks in the pre-requisite examination is not eligible for admission in the University. The Four Years Bachelor of Studies (BS) program is equivalent to the old Masters degree. A student of BS, B.Sc/B.A/B.Com and BBA will have to take two subsidiary subjects besides a major subject and compulsory subjects.
A candidate who has already obtained a BS or Masters Degree is not eligible for re-admission or fresh admission in any BS or Masters Program. If any such case is noticed, the student’s admission will be cancelled and legal action can be initiated against her. However, students who have done their masters in Urdu or English can apply for admission to M.A. Urdu (Linguistics) or M.A. English (Linguistics), respectively. Similarly, students who have completed M.A Final English Linguistics can do second masters in English Literature. These candidates will have to comply with the general rules for admission.
Only those candidates can apply for admission who have passed the pre-requisite examination within last five years.
Seats in each department have been allocated on merit for candidates who have passed the prerequisite examinations more than 5 years ago.
Candidates desirous of taking admission on the basis of degrees/ certificates awarded by public sector institutions in Pakistan should get the equivalence of their degrees/certificates determined by the University Equivalence Committee, before the scheduled date of admissions. Following Students will be required to seek Equivalence certificates issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) for securing admission in Jinnah University for Women.
- Students coming from Cambridge Board (regardless of their origin).
- Students who have studied from Deeni Madaris.
Inadvertent admission of candidates from non-recognized institutions can be cancelled at any time.
Change of Subjects
The migration from one department to other within faculty i.e.; change of Major subject will be allowed only after one year (02 semesters) with the condition that the student has achieved 60% marks on aggregate in the two semesters and 70% marks in the relevant subject where the student is interested to migrate.
Students seeking change in any of the minor subject can apply for change within 30 days of the start of the semester of 1st year as well as 2nd year. All such permissions would be granted by the Dean on the recommendation of the Chairperson, provided there is a provision of such combinations in the statutes.
Procedure Of Admission
For the convenience of applicants, we have outlined the steps to complete the admission application process. Please carefully read the process given below:
- Admission announcements are made through an advertisement on Newspaper, Jinnah University for Women Website, official facebook page and Campus.
- Candidates visit the campus for manual registration or visit our website for online application.
- Candidates are required to verify the eligibility Criteria (Undergrad & Post-grade) for the particular program in which the admission is being sought before the submission of application.
- Submit the application along with the documents required, (including Matric Certificate, Mark sheet of last examination passed, 2 recent passport size photographs, photocopy of applicant’s CNIC or B-form along with the photocopy of CNIC of father or Guardian) by the due date.
- Admission will be based on Academic Eligibility Score, Entry Test Score and Interview.
- Just after submitting the admission form and paying registration fee, Candidates get their Admit card (for aptitude test) along with admission kit (including Prospectus, test schedule and sample paper).
- Candidates Appear in the aptitude test on the scheduled dates (about one hour is to be allowed for the test). Students are reminded that entrance test is based on GMAT format. (MS applicants will appear in admission test on the pattern of GRE General and for Phd, GRE Subject)
- After the test, merit list for interviews will be announced on the Jinnah University for Women Campus, Website, and official facebook page.
- Interviews will be conducted as per given schedule. Original documents are to be produced at the time of interview, the copies of which are submitted along with application forms.
- The list of candidates who have qualified for admission will be announced on the website/Campus as per schedule.
- Qualified Candidates have to take Enrollment Form from the enrollment counter at admission office.
- Original documents are to be submitted along with enrollment form.
- Fee Proceedings through Cash/Pay order will be conducted at the campus strictly by the due date. At the same time student I.D number will be issued to the admitted student.
Major And Subsidiary Subjects For BS In The Faculty of Arts
- International Relations
- Islamic Studies
- Media Studies
- Political Science
International Relations cannot be offered together with Political Science.
- Students who offer Physics or Applied Chemistry as subsidiary should have passed the Intermediate or Higher Secondary Examination with Mathematics or Statistics.
- Any student who has not passed Intermediate Science with Biology is not permitted to choose any subject from Biology group.
- Only those students can offer Mathematics as a subsidiary subject who have taken Mathematics as an optional subject in the Intermediate, or who have passed certificate Course in Mathematics.
All BS students are advised to select their subsidiary subjects in consultation with the Chairperson of their major Department.
Programs Of Study
- Computer Science & Information Technology BS(CS), BS(SE), MS(CS), MS(SE)
- Business Administration BBA, MBA,M.Phil,P.hD
- Pharmacy Pharm-D, M.Phil, Ph D
- Commerce BS, ADP(C),ADP digital Marketing, ADP Entrepreneurship
- Education BS,B.Ed(H), ADE,B.Ed,(2.5 yrs) , B.ed(1.5 yrs), M.Phil, Ph.D
- English BS,
- Islamic Learning BS, M.S, Ph.D
- International Relation BS,
- Biochemistry BS, MS, Ph.D
- Botany BS, M.S, Ph. D
- Chemistry BS, M.S, Ph. D
- Mathematics BS, MS
- Microbiology BS, M.S, Ph. D
- Zoology BS, MS,MS/M.Phil
- Visual Studies BS,
- Biotechnology BS, M.Phil, Ph.D
- Food Science & Technology BS , M.Phil, Ph.D
- Human Nutrition BS
- Physical therapy DPT
- Economics & Finance BS
- Physiology BS
- Public Administration BPA
- Urdu BS
- Media Studies BS,MS
- Psychology BS
- Eastern Medicine BEMS
- Homeopathic BHMS
All BS courses are of FOUR YEAR duration, after HSC in the relevant field.
Pharm-D course is of FIVE YEAR duration after HSC Pre-medical.
BBA Courses are of FOUR YEAR duration.
MBA, courses are of TWO YEAR duration,
after graduation in the relevant subject. Presently more than 5,000/- students are enrolled from all over Pakistan and Outside Pakistan.