The department of Islamic learning was established in 1986 with a missionto provide scholarly insight and deep understanding of Islamic knowledge and thus inculcate the Islamic vision into sound practice. The department has a team of qualified and learned faculty members with a vast experience of teaching and research. Teachers in this department are enthusiastic about acquiring innovative anagogical skills and knowledge. They employ pedagogical motivational techniquesand experiential learning practices for delivering core principles of learning and acquiring Islamic knowledge. Students enrolled in this program are familiarized with both the theoretical underpinnings and the practical implementation of Islamic teachings in a systematic and concrete process. The department has a strong Board of studies comprising of national and international experts. Departmental activities are aligned with the JUW vision and mission and takes lead in initiatives emphasizing on the ethical grooming and character building of the learners based solely on the Islamic ethical system and moral values, which makes Jinnah University for women a unique institution in one of the largest metropolitan city in the world.
Our students have holistic personalities and a sound professional insight as they encountera rigorous process of learning in domains of research, community practice and training programs that enables systematic reforms and transformation. It builds tolerance, forbearance, and analytical skills in learners.
The department of Islamic learning at Jinnah University for Womenis purposefully cultivating social change in the community. Aspiring students are invited to enroll in our graduate and postgraduate program that will help them in developing a resilient, dynamic and wholesome personality and equip them with knowledge to generate awareness about the contemporary challenges of the Muslim world, and acquainting them with the Islamic ideology.
Aims & Objectives of Islamic Learning Department:
- To deliver in-depth information and deep understanding of Al-Qur’an, Al-Hadith, Islamic Jurisprudence, Sunnah, Islamic History, Islamic Idealogy, Islamic Culture and
- To cultivate a dynamic and clear vision of life among learnersallowing them to contribute effectively to the culture of innovation, research and knowledge
- To build insight into Islamic teachings with capabilities to analyze and solve the contemporary societal issues and challenges faced by Muslims across the globe
- To prepare students with builtin skills of Islamic practice through experiential learning and showcasesocial, moral and professional development.
- To educate students with modern techniques of Da’wah for carrying out the activities of Da’wah globally
- To acquaint the students with parallel ideologies and philosophies of the contemporary world and enable them to critically analyze these conceptswith the lens of Islamic sources in a meticulous manner
- To produce competent and diligent Islamic scholars with in-depth knowledge of primary sources of Islamic sharia’a including the Holy Qur’an, Sun-nah, IjmaaSahaba, Ijtihad and Qiyas.
To generate feasible opportunities for balanced and harmonious development of individuals and society and reconstruction of society on the principles of Islam in order to facilitate education, community service and research in domain of Islamic learning in order to ensure the islamic ideological, ethical, intellectual, socio-economicsal and technological development aligned with the norms, values, ideals and principles of Islam.
Establishing a state of art academic and research department with a dutiful focus on inculcating Islamic values and principles.