- We provide a forum for Botanists to communicate & exchange ideas of scientific and educational background through Meetings, Events, and Publications in electronic & social media.
- We promote Botany & plant science through different activities amongst our members and the greater university environment.
- We Train our Young Botanists by delivering the basic & advanced knowledge related to Botany in term of Lecture, Seminars, Trips, Talk, Seminars, Competitions & other interesting extracurricular activities.
To sustain and provide improved formal and informal education about plant, encourage basic plant research, provide expertise, direction and position statements concerning plants and foster communication within the professional botanical community and between botanist and the rest of human kind through publication, awareness meetings , seminars and committees.
|BOTANICAL SOCIETY (JINNAH UNIVERSITY FOR WOMEN)|
|PRESIDENT||Ms. Sundus Aman||BS IV (BATCH 2014)|
|VICE PRESIDENT||Ms. Salma Zaki||BS III (BATCH 2015)|
|SECRETARY||Ms. Ayesha Maqsood||BS IV (BATCH 2014)|
|VISE SECRETARY||Ms. Jannat Noor||BS II (BATCH 2016)|
|TREASURER||Ms. Kiran Akeel||BS IV (BATCH 2014)|
|VICE TREASURER||Ms. Samia Zafar||BS III (BATCH 2015)|
|Ms. Kanza Saleem||BS II (BATCH 2016)|
|Ms. Neha Rafiq||BS I (BATCH 2017)|
|CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS||MS. SAIMA IBRAHIM
DR SAMAN EHSEN
BYLAWS OF THE BOTANICAL SOCIETY
OFFICER POSTS /POSITIONS:
The elective positions of the Society shall be:
- Vice President
- Vice Secretary
- Vice Treasurer
- Chief Executive Officer
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF POST:
Each elective position of the Society shall be elected prior to the annual meeting by the members of the Society. The President, Vice President, Secretary, Vice Secretary, Treasurer, Vice Treasurer each serve for one year. Each shall hold their responsibilities till next election and may consider a representative person until their resignation or removal. Vacancies of unexpired terms may be filled at any meeting of the Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF OFFICERS POSTS:
- The President shall be the chief elected officer of the Society.
- President will convene and shall preside at meetings of the Society.
- She shall communicate to the Board of Directors or the Society on society concerned matters and makes suggestions to promote the welfare and increase the usefulness of the Society, and shall perform such other duties as prescribed by the main faculty from time to time.
- The Vice President shall perform such duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the President or the main faculty from time to time.
- In the absence of the President or in the event of her inability or refusal to act, the Vice President shall perform the duties of the President,
- When so acting, she shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President.
- The Secretary shall monitors the rule and regulations of Society Bylaws,
- She shall be responsible to Certify the resolutions of the members and faculty , and other documents of the Society as true and correct copies thereof, and
- She shall have such other duties as prescribed by the President or the faculty from time to time.
- The Vice Secretary shall perform such duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the Secretary or the main faculty from time to time.
- In the absence of the Secretary or in the event of her inability or refusal to act, the Vice Secretary shall perform the duties of the Secretary,
- When so acting, she shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the Secretary.
- The Treasurer shall remain fully advised as to the financial condition of the Society and shall regularly report to the president and faculty on the financial conditions of the Society and the adequacy of the accounting records of the Society.
- She shall be responsible to collect membership fee, collection and funds for the purpose of society activities
- The Treasurer shall have such other duties as prescribed by the President or the faculty from time to time.
- The Vice Treasurer shall perform such duties and responsibilities as prescribed by the Treasurer or the main faculty from time to time.
- In the absence of the Treasurer or in the event of her inability or refusal to act, the Vice Treasurer shall perform the duties of the Treasurer,
- When so acting, she shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the Treasurer.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE SOCIETY
- The chief executive officer of the Society must be a Faculty person.
- She shall be responsible for the administration and management of the Society.
- She shall employ and may terminate the Posts of as necessary to carry on the work of the Society.
- She shall manage and direct all functions and activities of Society including scientific program, social events and meetings of the Society from time to time.
- She has power of acceptance or rejection of programs/events in account of faculty decision.
- She shall planned the annual meeting program from initial proposals submission to meeting agenda acceptance and it shall be coordinated with other leading positions of Society and entire faculty members.
- She shall be responsible to issues the call for events, exhibitions, symposia, workshops, and prepares the final program for the annual meeting of the Society.