The Department of Food Science & Technology is established to cater the need of the fast growing food industries in the country and also to meet the ever-growing demand for food scientists & technologists in the government department, research and educational institutions. The department has developed the collaboration with other established Universities, Industries, Hotels & Hospitals. Many workshops, conferences and seminars are organized related to topics of Food Science. The prime objective is to promote the subject of Food Science & Nutrition to elaborate the relationship between health/disease with food.
- To prepare skilled women power
- To promote the concept of Industrial Chain-Development.
- To Groom the young minds to make their future bright in the field of Food Science and Technology
- To cover the wide scope of processed foods and varieties of food industries in Pakistan.
Introducing the subject of food science & Technology/ Nutrition at every level from primary school to the university because Pakistan is an agricultural country, only growing the crop is not enough it should be preserved & processed for the.
- Economic growth of the country.
- Building a strong healthy nation.
- Self grooming to accept future challenges.
Students who wish to pursue for a Bachelor in Science degree at the Department of Food Science & Technology must have passed intermediate from science group or equivalent certification. Minimum requirement for the admission in BS or MS/M.phil in Food Science & Technology or any equivalent degree with first division.
- Teachers, Researchers
- Food Engineers
- Food Chemists
- Food Analysts
- Food Microbiologists
- Food Inspectors
- Food Safety Officers
- Food Security Officers
- Food Safety Auditors